I originally had an entirely different composition planned after drawing some quick thumbnail sketches. The sketch wasn't coming out like I planned, so I ended up sort of doodling dead trees...then I added a few birds here and there.
This ended up being a very happy accident.
The only thing that stayed the same from my original idea was the color scheme.
I really wanted to ink this in black since it had been so long since I did a piece in that way. I really love how the line art turned out.
Started coloring her skin first as always.
And then her hair...
Messy bottom layer of the dress. My markers are really dying. I need to buy some new ones really bad!
Working on the dress...
Dress and figure completed!
Started coloring the grass. I wanted to keep a complimentary color scheme throughout the piece so that she would really pop in her blue dress.
Started coloring in the sky. Didn't really know what I was doing.
More sky finished and a tree!