Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Obscure Senshi Contest WIP

Still working on my entry as much as possible. Thought you guys might want to see how I work so here are some WIP shots. These were taken with my Kodak digital camera, and then I quickly fixed the brightness/contrast with good old gimp! Nothing like a crappy (yet free) image editing program. So the colors are a bit off. Better than nothing though, right?

This piece is going to be colored with marker and colored pencil. Probably throw some white paint on there for finishing touches as well.

For mixed marker and colored pencil pieces, I always start with a marker layer first. For whatever reason, I begin with the skin.

Next I add my colored pencil layer. Colors range from purples to pinks to blues to oranges. 

Jump to colored hair and yellow...umm stuff? Done the same way as the skin. Trying to keep a common light source...maybe? I have to admit, I think she'd make a pretty awesome Sailor Senshi. :)


This is a picture of most of the markers and colored pencils I've used so far. Maybe I'll take a picture of my entire maker and colored pencil collection later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment