Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Post

Finally decided to start using my art blog.

I'll probably start posting a lot of rough sketches on here instead of on my DeviantART page for those of you who are interested. Completed works will show up here as well. I've decided to label my posts based upon the media I've used. I figure that will make it easier for onlookers to find what they're looking for.


This piece, Eve: The Femme Fatale, was made with an 005 brown Sakura micron pen, Prisma markers, and Prisma colored pencils. It's part of a pair (the other being the Madonna) for a feminist art project I was working on. I really wanted to keep her face in a more traditional sense. I was also inspired by the free flowing line work of Mucha.

Hopefully, I'll be posting again on here soon. My sophomore year of college ends in less than two weeks, and then my 4 month break for summer (aka working full-time at Chick-Fil-A) begins.

I still have to make a header as well. I should have plenty of spare time this week to work on one in the Mac Lab...I want to take advantage of the last two weeks I have to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment